November 28, 2010

I'm Lovin' It

So today I finished my priming on that one piece of the big wall where I had to spackle and at the end of the hall by the closet door. I did the entire area around that door with my paint brush, cause most of it is too small for even my little roller and the top part I didn't feel like getting primer all over my roller pad just to have to wash it off and wait for it to dry so I can paint my wall color.
 
Primer complete. Yippie!
 So off to paint my walls I went. Then I ran into a smidgen of a problem... I've had the can of paint for my walls since Jan of 2009, a long time I know. I had bought it  but then we ended up starting on the kitchen and yada yada yada it never got used. So I shook it and it was still liquid, which is a good sign. I go to open it. There was bending, there was prying, there was beating. Finally Randall got it off with the involvement of a screw driver, a hammer and some pliers.

It's hard to see but it's all sorts of bent up.

Happily my paint was in fabulous condition on the inside. But just to be sure I painted a test area to make sure it wasn't going to suddenly do anything crazy on me. The results are looking good and I am loving the color.


WHAT CHAIR RAIL!?!?!?!


 After I let that dry I painted above the kitchen door pictured above and over to where the primer ends above the closet. That's all I did for today, we took a trip to Mt. Juliet then had dinner with some friends.

As for tomorrow all my primer will be dry and I'm planing on having at the walls in the whole hallway, then venture to Lowe's and find the perfect trim color that I have in my head.

No comments:

Post a Comment