November 10, 2010

The beginning

My hard working husband means well and starts lots of home improvement projects, he just never finishes them because he's always working. So I am now going to take over and complete, while learning how to do, all the projects I come up with on nights, weekends and my days off from my regular full time job and school. All while having a 3 year old and a 4 month old under foot.

This should be fun.





The first of these projects involves me removing an awful, nonsensical chair rail in my living room and hallway, lots of bondo Spackle (as my husband informed me bondo is for cars), and then painting the walls and trim.

Last night I started my escapades in home improvement. Upon removing the first pieces of chair rail I learned a few things.
  1. The walls had been painted about 4 times since this chair rail was installed.
  2. The previous owners of my home had wallpaper.
  3. My living room was at one time Mauve/Pink. Ick. :\



This means I now get to learn how to remove wallpaper and sand and bondo Spackle a wall to make it unnoticeable. Super fun.





So tonight I start my crash course in wallpaper removal and sanding.

Heck yeah.

No comments:

Post a Comment