It was a sad day.
Today my family lost our beloved cat Max, he was almost 17 and lived a long happy life. Technically, he was my cat. I got him when a friend's cat had kittens, he was the only one who survived in that litter...the rest had unfortunately climbed into an engine one day and yeah it was just bad... Max on the other hand was smart, he hid under the grill on the porch. So my mom let me bring him home and then he proceeded to hide behind our washer for like a week before warming up to us. When I moved out and got married 4 years ago he stayed at my parents house (even though my mom claims I could have taken him but they and my brother never would have let me, they would have wanted him back in a day). We actually got the cat we have because Leah thought it was a little Max.
So goodbye old friend. You were one of a kind. ♥
So I went to Mt. Juliet and hung out and went shopping and such today to feel better. Eventually I did come home and work on the walls. Lots of sanding, most of it is done now. I had to stop because I was close to the area by the kid's rooms and apparently even though they can sleep through a thunderstorm that's right on top of the house the scratching sound bothered them. Before bedtime I did get some help though.
Some super fun child labor courtesy of Leah and my nephew.
The two biggest walls in the hallway are done now along with two other smaller areas. I've just got one 3ish foot section and the two weird little corners at the end of the hall and then the chair rail sanding is done. Before I Spackle I want to go through and sand down all the paint drips and junk I find. I need to get a taller stool or a small ladder because I noticed a lot of drips above the door to the kitchen (with the red) that you can see but even on my step stool I'm not tall enough to reach them. Although as I look at the walls where I'm sitting now it could actually be some of that awful popcorn stuff because it's close to the ceiling and someone apparently had no aim when coating the ceiling. Yet another reason why popcorn ceilings are a horrible idea.
Oh and see the great lighting I've got going up there in that picture? My lovely multi armed lamp, because candelabra bulbs are the stupidest thing ever invented. I got some bulbs for my ceiling light but they're too small so I've got to go back and get different ones. I've never had to purchase bulbs for that light before, the same bulbs had been in there since before we moved in and that was 3.5 years ago. So at least they last a long time. Either way I've decided when I get to the time when I'm switching out light fixtures that is the first one to go. It's kinda disproportionate for that hallway anyway, it's really tiny and doesn't light the whole hall.

No comments:
Post a Comment