December 16, 2010

Winter

Hi Winter.

It's me, Virginia.

I hate to do this but I've got to, I can't go on like this any longer. This relationship isn't working out; I'm breaking up with you.

It's not you, it's me.

…OK...I lied it is you.

The give and take in this relationship isn't working for me.

You give me; snow storms, freezing rain, black ice and frozen pipes. Oh, and let’s not forget all the colds you give my family and the mice you drive into my house.

And you take, oh how you take!

You take; the warmth, days with the windows open, and my ability to wear flip flops Every. Single. Day. You take our barbeques and days at the beach. Not to mention taking away the sunshine at 4 o' freaking clock every day.

Sure you also give us the lovely holiday times of Thanksgiving and Christmas, the occasional nice snow to play in and you do take away my allergies for a while but really it's not a fair trade off. Come on, the Australian’s seem super happy to be able to wear a bikini at the beach on Christmas. Is that too much to ask for?

So as you can see it’s just not going to work out between us.

I understand due to your not so great relationship with your Mother Nature, you won’t be able to move out until some time in mid March but maybe we could keep up a warm friendship until then.

Not so much love,
Virginia

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for letting me share.. you can see it here if you'd like ;) http://whimsy4mama.blogspot.com/2010/12/breaking-up-is-hard-to-do.html

    ReplyDelete