| Leah wants to be in pretty much every picture I take for this |
Everything I did to the walls in the hallway I'm going to do to the walls in the living room because it shares the same stupid chair rail that the hallway did.
Yet when I'm done with the living room it will look nothing like the above photo. I'm super excited about this because we're actually buying new living room furniture, it makes me feel all adult-like. I love the furniture we have right now, it was a hand me down from my parents and really is supposed to be multiple colors, it's not that we have a random green couch and a random red chair they're a set and also have two matching yellow chaises, one of which is in our guest room/play room and one of which is still at my parents house. As much as I do love the current furniture it's not going to go with the whole color scheme I'm going with now.
The new furniture, I looooooooove.
| We're getting the couch, ottoman & the matching chair in the back. yay! |
I think it will fit better in the living room because I have the world's worst living room for furniture. It's got a big window on one wall with the front door next to it. Across from that is the oversize door to the kitchen, next to that my enormous ridiculous living room closet. In the corner of that area is where the hallway is, which means I don't have a full wall next to that and that becomes the only sensible wall for our TV. So I'm left with one wall (the one with the mirror in the picture) to play with furniture on and around. Way back in the day before we owned our house it did not have central heat or air, they used those little A/C's and baseboard heaters. The heater is on the one big wall, and you can't put furniture near those. I have yet to figure out how they put any furniture in the living room before the central heat & air was installed.
I'm all giddy about the furniture but we don't get it till we get our taxes back. Boo. Though that's good because I'd hate to paint around my new stuff and accidentally get some on the new stuff.
So now, on to the new venture!
No comments:
Post a Comment