Right now Blogger seems to be having a photo uploading issue. I've been working on the post for the hallway reveal for about a week now, all it lacks is the pictures which are a main component to the post.
So I figured I'd give you a little light reading and a reasoning as to why on earth it has taken me nearly three weeks to paint the trim and five doors in a hallway that's only about 25-30 feet long.
First of all there was Christmas in there, that took up a lot of my spare time, between holiday stuff with other people, to finding time to Christmas shop when Leah wouldn't be around, and covertly wrapping presents. Shopping, because I despise shopping, took up a lot of time that I could have been using to paint on weekends. Of course the fact that I only really get to paint after 9pm most days or else get hand prints in my wet paint also leads things to take a while.
Within all this there was also the fun of dealing with my dryer hose. While waiting for some paint to dry I decided 'Hey this would be a great time to clean under the dryer for some random reason. It was done quickly and I even patched a teeny tiny hole in my dryer vent hose. Then I went to put the hose back, I heard a crinkle and a smush, pulled the dryer back out and saw that I had put no less than 40 new holes in my dryer hose. It may have been a good thing I smashed the hose because now they only sell ones that look like they're made of tin foil whereas mine was some version of papery plastic. It was probably a fire hazard and like 95% of everything else recently was probably recalled 30 days after I bought it nearly 5 years ago. I set about replacing it then realized I threw away the old clamp with the old hose, it took me two days to remember to get one. Finally I got to put the hose on and rewash the clothes that had been in the washing machine the whole time.
Also within this time we had a new resident move into our house. It's small and brownish and looks a whole lot like this:
I am not happy about this.
We have a cat for a reason, and that reason is not to destroy christmas trees. I first found my foe when I was so innocently making a breakfast hot pocket a few weeks ago, it peeped it's little head out from under my microwave. I screamed and it dove behind our refrigerator. I tried to shove the cat back there but he wasn't too gung ho on that idea. I have not seen him catch the mouse yet, though he did leave us a dead bird on the front porch the other day. I though the mouse was gone after that but I was wrong. On Monday while getting ready to paint I heard a ticking noise. I couldn't figure it out. I knew it was coming from somewhere in the cabinet I keep my pots. I couldn't find anything...until I decided to open the drawer I keep things like spatulas in. I know you know where this is going.... I opened it up and there on top of the flat part of my biggest spatula was my foe. Again I screamed and slammed the drawer shut, he ran off. I've stocked up on traps and spent two days bleaching every surface in my kitchen and washing everything we cook and eat with 4 times before use.
Hopefully tomorrow I will be able to load my pictures and can post the final reveal of my hallway. I know you're super excited. Right?

No comments:
Post a Comment